Vanilla Ice Cream
Makes about 5 cups of ice cream
- 2 cups cream, preferably raw and from pastured cows
- 3/4 cup whole milk, preferably raw and from pastured cows
- 1/4 cup raw mild-flavored honey
- 1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup*
- 2 raw** egg yolks***
- 1 Tb organic vanilla extract (or use homemade)
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend for a couple minutes to thoroughly combine everything.(I'm sure you could use a hand mixer instead if you don't have a blender.)
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your maker. I use the Kitchen-Aid ice cream maker attachment, and it works great! If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can instead follow these instructions to make ice cream without a machine.
- Transfer to the fridge to freeze solid for several hours. Enjoy!
- For a special treat, top this vanilla ice cream with homemade hot fudge sauce.
**Any time you'll be consuming raw eggs, make sure you trust your egg supplier. My egg supplier is my 7-year-old daughter, and I know her hens are healthy so I'm not concerned about the safety of her raw eggs. To err on the side of caution, you can make sure to wash the eggs before you crack them as that would reduce the risk of salmonella.
***The leftover egg whites could be used to make some lime and coconut macaroons!