Chewy Cinnamon Almond Cookies
Makes 18 large cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 5 Tb honey
- 1 Tb vanilla extract, preferably organic
- 2&1/2 cups almond flour, preferably from crispy almonds*
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda**
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Turn off heat, and stir in the honey and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Use a 1 to 2 Tb scoop or spoon to drop cookies onto a stoneware or greased sheet pan. Don't flatten them as they will spread well on their own during baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-12 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to cool before moving them.
**These cookies are are not technically GAPS-legal because the recipe includes baking soda, but they are SCD-legal. Baking soda is not allowed on GAPS because it has a very strong alkalizing effect on the body (and most GAPS people already have low stomach acid, so strong alkalizers could be detrimental). We haven't had any problem with a little baking soda now and then, though.
This recipe is part of Handmade Christmas Gift Carnival, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Grain-Free Carnival, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet, Real Food Wednesday with Kelly the Kitchen Kop, Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist and Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade!