Cranberry Sauce with Apples and Ginger
Makes 2.5 cups
- 10 ounces cranberries (I use frozen, but I'm sure fresh would work too)
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped (rome, pink lady, or granny smith work well)
- 1-2 tsp minced fresh ginger (or use about 1/2 tsp dried ginger)
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- dash celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2Tb honey (add more if you don't like the tartness)
- one small squeeze of lime juice
- Combine all ingredients except lime juice in a medium pot. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the cranberry sauce for about 15-20 minutes, until the cranberries start to break down and the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Add the lime juice. Using the back of a spoon, lightly mash the cranberries, and cook a little bit longer.
- Cool and serve!