Pumpkin Pie Clafoutis
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (or try coconut oil or ghee for a dairy-free option*)
- 1 & 3/4 cups pumpkin puree, preferably homemade
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey, or more to taste
- 4 eggs, preferably from pastured chickens
- 1/2 cup milk kefir or plain whole-milk yogurt (or try coconut milk for dairy-free option*)
- 1/3 cup almond flour, preferably from crispy nuts
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- Equipment needed: blender or immersion blender
- Melt the butter in a small pot over low heat. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly. If your butter has been overheated, let it cool before combining it with the other ingredients.
- Blend together all ingredients in a blender or with an immersion blender (don't forget to add the melted butter). Taste for sweetness, and add more honey to taste if desired.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8-inch square glass baking dish. Bake in 325 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until center is set.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to the fridge. Best if served cold (if you can wait that long). Serve it as breakfast alongside some bacon or sausage, or top it with whipped cream for a special dessert.
This post is part of Fat Tuesday, Monday Mania, Fight Back Friday, Pennywise Platter and Real Food Wednesday!