Last week, since we were out of raw cream, I developed a strawberry ice cream recipe using sour cream instead. Oh my, this is really good, and totally GAPS-legal. Everyone in the family really liked this recipe, so give it a whirl!
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups sour cream
- 10 oz strawberries, preferably organic*
- 1.5 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp organic almond extract
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- 3 raw egg yolks, preferably from pastured hens
- 1/2 cup raw honey (use more or less depending on the sweetness of your berries)
- Equipment needed: blender and optional ice cream maker
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Whir for several minutes, until well-combined.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can follow these instructions to make ice cream without a machine.
- If you do have an ice cream maker, pour the strawberry goodness into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for your maker. I use the Kitchen-Aid ice cream maker attachment, and it works great! NOTE: if you use frozen strawberries, it will set up VERY quickly in just a few minutes.
- Transfer to the fridge to freeze solid for several hours. Enjoy!
This post is part of Fight Back Friday, Real Food Wednesday, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Fat Tuesday and Monday Mania!