1/2 cup butter or unrefined coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
3/4 tsp celtic sea salt
6 eggs, preferably pasture-raised
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 large or 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the eggs, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a large bowl. If using an immersion blender, pulse a few times to combine. Otherwise, mix to combine with a whisk or mixer.
- Add the honey to the butter (or coconut oil) and stir slightly. Pour this mixture into the wet ingredients and blend well with immersion blender or mixer.
- Measure out the coconut flour. Since coconut flour clumps, it will need to be sifted if you are not using an immersion blender.
- Pour the coconut flour into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Use an immersion blender or mixer to thoroughly combine all ingredients, making sure there are no lumps. (Since coconut flour does not contain gluten, there is no worry of over-mixing the batter).
- Add mashed banana and mix to combine.
- Using butter or coconut oil, generously grease one large (9X5) loaf pan or two small (7.5X3.75) loaf pans.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan(s).
- Bake in 325 degree oven for until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. This will take about 50-60 minutes for two loaves.
- Remove from oven and cool.
*Time-saving tip: If you use an immersion blender to combine the ingredients, you can skip the step of sifting the coconut flour. This also gives you less dirty dishes!
This post is part of Grain-Free Carnival, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet, Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist and Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop!