This recipe comes from the Beyond Grain and Dairy eCookbook by Starlene Stewart. My notes are in RED.
Quick and Easy Sausage Links
- 1 pound fatty ground pork (you could also use beef, chicken, turkey, separate or mixed, and you can also sneak in organ meats!) (I used grassfed ground beef.)
- generous scoop of leftover bacon grease (Since my meat was not very fatty, I added some leftover bacon grease. This added a wonderful flavor to the sausages.)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic OR 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion OR 1 Tablespoon onion, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I doubled the amount of salt to 1 tsp since we like our sausages nice-and-salty.)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, optional (I left this out.)
- Mix all ingredients together. I used my hands to mix it all together.
- Form into sausage links. At this point you can refrigerate overnight so the spices can marry, or you can fry them immediately. I let mine sit for about 10 minutes before cooking them up.
- Fry in your favorite healthy fat until well done, turning frequently to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. I used a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Because of the added bacon grease in my sausages, I only melted a touch of butter in the pan before adding the sausages. A good amount of the bacon grease did melt out of the sausages as they cooked, so a splatter screen was necessary to prevent making a huge, splattery mess.
Click here to buy 5 eBooks, retail value of $63.82, for only $13.95! This sale is for ONE WEEK ONLY, ending on July 22nd! (This bundle sale has now ended.)
This eBook bundle includes:
- Nourished Cooking (121 pages / Retail Value: $11.95): My newest cookbook is a comprehensive cookbook that contains over 60 nutrient-dense, gluten-free recipes. This cookbook is perfect for those who eat traditional, real foods, as well as people on grain-free diets such as Primal, GAPS, and SCD. The recipes in this book are sure to please the whole family, and even people who don’t follow a traditional foods diet will rave over these foods. This cookbook includes recipes for:
- 8 Breakfasts, such as Lemon Coconut Muffins and Mushroom & Cheddar Crustless Quiche,
- 20 Main Courses, such as Italian Wedding Soup and Double Cheese Burgers,
- 10 Side Dishes, such as grain-free Cheesy Bread and Zucchini Spaghetti Noodles,
- 18 Desserts, such as grain-free Strawberry Chocolate Layer Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookies, as well as
- 7 Condiments/Sauces/Fermented Foods, such as Quick & Easy Pizza Sauce and Tartar Sauce.
- Beyond Grain and Dairy (166 pages / Retail Value:$16.97): This cookbook by Starlene Stewart contains 113 delicious recipes to tantalize your taste buds, made with no grains, gluten, dairy, gums, corn, soy or processed sugar. And even if you don’t need to avoid any of these items, the recipes are still delicious! Move beyond grain and dairy and you may find that you feel better than you have for years or maybe in your entire life! Photos included for every recipe, a clickable Table of Contents plus an Ingredients Index so you can easily find recipes by ingredient.
- Adventures with Kids! In the Kitchen (79 pages / Retail Value: $14.95): Author Chara Shopp encourages and teaches you when, how and why to bring your kids into the kitchen. Chara uses her sense of humor and practical experience as a teacher and mother of 3 to help you and your family succeed with real food cooking. Whether you are a gourmet cook or just learning, you will find practical ideas and suggestions for how to get your kids cooking, culturing, cleaning and celebrating their time in the kitchen! You will learn:
- Why you want your kids in the kitchen with you (more reasons than you might suspect), there are big benefits!
- When to train your children
- The step by step process for teaching culinary skills to your children
- How to pass on the skills used in a real food kitchen- soaking, sprouting, culturing, and more! (Don’t worry, she’ll teach you first!)
- A printable list of over 140 kitchen skills to learn and practice!
- And more…
- Real Food Party Menus (22 pages/Retail Value: $7.95): Picking recipes to please a crowd can be difficult and time consuming. KerryAnn Foster has created three gluten-free and dairy-optional party menus, ranging from casual to more formal meals, that are only made with ingredients that non-foodies would recognize while staying on a real food diet. It’s the best of both worlds- they don’t complain about the food and you don’t have to go off of your eating style or be exposed to allergens.
- Just Making Ice Cream (113 pages / Retail Value: $12.00): This eBook by Marillyn Beard is more than just a recipe book! In this ebook, Marillyn offers practical ice cream-making tips such as choosing an ice cream maker, how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker and the basic principles of delicious homemade ice cream. You’ll also find more than 30 ice cream & gelato recipes, 9 cultured milk recipes, 10 sherbet recipes and 10 sorbet recipes along with natural sweetener & milk alternatives that will keep you busy taste-testing all summer long!