- Two 6-oz cans of albacore tuna, drained (Crown Prince brand is BPA-free)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 Tb minced green onion, green part only
- generous squeeze of lemon juice, about 1/2 Tb
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tb mayo, preferably homemade (or bump this up to 3/4 cup of mayo if the tuna will be served on bread)
- 1 medium dill pickle, chopped (we love Bubbie's fermented pickles)
- salt and pepper
- Put the tuna in a medium bowl and flake it with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Don't be shy with the salt!
- Serve on a bed of greens dressed with lemon juice/olive oil/salt and pepper. Or serve it on bread as a sandwich. I like to put a little mayo directly on the bread as well.