- GAPS Diet food list - Need an easy reference chart to know what you can eat while on GAPS? This is a printable sheet that shows what foods are recommended and what foods should be avoided while on the GAPS diet.
- Legal/illegal SCD list - This is a very comprehensive list of legal and illegal food items, including very obscure ingredients. [The GAPS Diet is based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) developed by Elaine Gottschall. This list is for SCD, but it also generally applies to GAPS as well.] This list will also help you in determining the rationale for why some food items are not allowed on GAPS. For instance, bacon is commonly listed as not allowed on GAPS, but by reading the description on the SCD list, you can see that the issue is whether or not the bacon is cured with sugar.
- GAPS Diet FAQs This FAQ page has answers to a wide variety of GAPS topics, including dairy foods, die-off reactions, and juicing.
- Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride's GAPS site - This is a great site with loads on information about the GAPS diet protocol, including tips for pregnancy and new baby.
- GAPS Guide site - This site, which is maintained by Baden Lashkov (author of the GAPS Guide book), is a great source of information. Baden is very helpful and promptly answers any questions you may have about GAPS.
- Description of Full GAPS Diet and GAPS Intro Diet (including 6 stages) - This is a summary of the GAPS Diet protocol written by Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride.
- Foods allowed on GAPS Intro Diet - Towards the bottom of this article, there is a good breakdown of what foods are allowed on each stage of the GAPS Intro Diet.
- Articles about common GAPS Diet mistakes - These two articles have great information: Avoid These 5 GAPS Mistakes and The Five Most Common GAPS Diet Mistakes.
- GAPS Diet 101 video - This is a video overview of the GAPS Diet presented by RN/natural health advocate Lauren of Mindful Mama.
This post is part of Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Real Food Wednesday with Kelly the Kitchen Kop and Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist!