This basil salmon salad is a great, light meal for these hot summer days. The lemon juice and basil lend a fresh flavor to the meal, and no cooking is required. This was a real hit with my whole family.
Basil Salmon Salad
Serves 2 adults
- One 7.5-oz can wild-caught salmon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1Tb minced green onions (green part only)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 Tb sour cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp fresh dill (depending on how well you like that dill-y flavor)
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 Tb minced fresh basil leaves
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 Tb capers (or substitute additional 1 tsp lemon juice if you don't have any capers)
- Serve over lettuce dressed with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper
This recipe is part of Monday Mania at The Healthy Home Economist, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Pennywise Platter at The Nourishing Gourmet, and Real Food Wednesday with Kelly the Kitchen Kop!