Tuesday July 7th
- 9am - Second Breakfast
- 12:30pm - Lunch
- 2:45 - Snack****
- ~1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- ~1/2 cup sauteed mushrooms (which were being prepped for dinner)
- 6pm - Dinner
- 2 slices of homemade pizza - Against the Grain pizza crust***** topped with Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce, Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham, sauteed mushrooms, and organic mozzarella cheese
- side salad - lettuce topped with fresh garden tomato, chopped red bell pepper, and Homemade Ranch Dressing
- more Homemade Ranch Dressing, as a dip for the pizza
- Glass of fizzy spring water with fresh lime juice
- 8:15pm - After-Dinner Snack
- ~1cup plain whole-milk yogurt
*I tend to be very hungry in the first half of the day. I've always been that way. As soon as I wake up, I HAVE to eat something. Since I tend to wake up 1-2 hours before my children, I usually eat something very simple when I first wake up, and then have a more substantial breakfast later on.
**My mom grows the BEST tomatoes. They have me so spoiled that they are the only tomatoes I want to eat. Thanks Mom!
***These crackers are one of my compromise foods. Yes, homemade crackers would be better. But these will do in a pinch, and I like that they are made with palm oil.
****I don't usually have a snack at this time of day, but on this particular day I had been very active working a lot, so I was unusually hungry.
*****We are currently loving Against the Grain Gourmet brand pizza crust, which is sold in the freezer case at our local healthfood store. It is composed primarily of cheese, milk, eggs, and tapioca starch. My only complaint with the ingredients is that there is a small amount of canola oil in these crusts, but since the amount is small I have decided not to worry about it. I know some of my blog readers have reported that my Cheesy Bread recipe also works well as a pizza crust, but I haven't tried that yet since my family just devours the cheesy bread every time I make it.
Do you want to know more about my daily diet? What are your favorite compromise foods?
Links to Amazon and Corganic are affiliate links. If you use these links, your price remains the same, but I earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting this site!