Makes enough for 4 people as a side dish, but don't be surprised if it gets completely gobbled up by even less people
- 1 egg, preferably from pastured hens
- 1/2 cup packed grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tb plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup arrowroot*
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until well-combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. Use a silicone spatula to spread the mixture out as thin as you can make it without seeing any holes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. The edges should be very browned, and the top should be nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Then use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the bread into wedges or pieces.
- Serve! Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container, with a piece of parchment paper between each slice of bread. To reheat, just place the slices in a toaster oven set at 200-250 degrees for a few minutes.